Monday, October 17, 2011

Jet Set, Jet Lagged and Jaded

Well I am on vacation again and we all know that this time cannot be worse than the last! Here I am in Spain, enjoying sun, surf and two weeks' company with my favourite boof head. I don't have time for a full update but just quickly: we hired a giant blue and green camper van with Super Mario painted all over it, we named it Yoshi. We've been to Barcelona, San Sebastian, Madrid, Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, Cadiz, Tarifa and Granada. My camera has died only twice; once in Madrid, once at the Alhambra (insert tears). I've never eaten so much bread and cured meat in my life - thought I'd never say this, but I'm almost getting sick of the sight of ham. While on our way to the coast south of Valencia yesterday Yoshi failed us and we had our 2nd tyre blowout in as many days - and these aren't little flat tyres, they are full on exploding firework tyres, with the one yesterday ripping not only all the rubber off the tyre but half the back bumper as well. Imagine being in the middle of nowhere, with no phone credit, no batteries, no Internet, not speaking the language...it was not the ideal situation. But after a few hours delay and the help of a tow truck driver with whom we couldn't exchange a single helpful word in the same language, we managed to work it out and I'm currently sitting in a hotel in Cartagena waiting on a phone call to let us know we're roadworthy again. Soon, hopefully. Plenty more to see as we work our way back up to Barcelona.

Hopefully things get better from here, as I'm beginning to think maybe holidays aren't really for me - will things ever go to plan?! Although in saying that, I'm still really enjoying myself despite this little hiccup!! And I'm confident things will be fine once we have Yoshi back in the family, silly little bugger he is. Couple of photos until I get the chance to post a full update:

1 comment:

  1. Kim, what's a holdiay without the hidden surprises. Response makes it all worth while. Love your expressive writing, blogs are a joy to read. All well in Parkside.

    Deano and Laureeno

    ReplyDelete